Inaugural Inductees Announced for Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame
ELGIN, NB (October 18, 2006) - The names of the 10 inaugural inductees to the Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame (MMHOF) have been announced. The inductees were chosen by a committee that based their decision on nominations received. The inductions will take place November 18 in Moncton.
The 2006 inductees to the Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame are:
The Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame inaugural induction ceremony will take place in Moncton at The Right Choice Catering on Saturday, November 18. Ticket availability is limited and include a reception, dinner and the awards ceremony; they are $75 each. The reception starts at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 6:30 and the induction ceremony at 7:30. For more information please call 1-866-355-8206.
- Ken Brace - Petitcodiac. Category: Official Starter/Stock Car. Ken is known far and wide for his flamboyant style of flagging events - having done so at many Maritime facilities.
- Walter Brooks - Calgary, AL - formerly of Moncton. Category: Competitor/Drag Racing. Walter was a top drag racer and also contributed to the building of Scoudouc Dragway.
- James D'Accy Jr. - Saint John, NB. Category: Competitor/Drag Racing.
- Caleb Dunn - Salisbury. Category: Competitor/Stock Car Racing. Caleb started racing in 1951 on dirt tracks in New Brunswick. In the 60s and 70s, Caleb Dunn and stock car racing were synonymous in the Moncton area. Caleb Dunn was inducted to the Moncton Wall of Fame in 2001.
- Scott Fraser - posthumous 1971-2004 - Shubenacadie, NS. Category: Competitor & Car Builder/Stock Car Racing. Scott Fraser was not only a top driver but also built some of the best racecars on the eastern seaboard. he proved his skill, as a racer and a builder, in the USA as well as in the Maritimes.
- Alton (Bootie) Jackson - Petitodiac. Category: Antique Car Collector. Alton was one of the first members of the Antique Car Club, with his primary interest being Hudson's.
- Alex Kirkpatrick - Black's Harbour - formerly of Halifax, NS. Category: Builder/Organizer. Alex was a founder of a motor cycle club and three car clubs. He also worked as an official at numerous tracks including Mosport, Watkins Glen, and Shannonville.
- Moncton Motor Sport Club. The club was started in 1961 by a group of motorsports enthusiasts and incorporated in 1963 as a non-profit organization. The members organize and participate in events locally and throughout the Atlantic region.
- Nickerson Family (Son, Norma, Barry, Glenn) - Dartmouth, NS. Category: Karting/Builders. Don and Norma were driving forces behind the start of kart racing in the Maritimes. Barry and Glenn competed at national levels with great success, and were Maritime and Club champions.
- Shane Scott - Moncton. Category: Competitor/Motocross Racing. Shane has won several Atlantic Championships as well as the Canadian Supercross Championship.
© Copyright - CheckersToWreckers.com - All Rights Reserved.